Gallery: Migrant jays set up home on the Suffolk coast this winter
- Credit: Archant
Jays have flown in from Scandinavia this winter to set up home in Suffolk - and eagle-eyed photographer Margaret Holland has been out to record their visit.
Mrs Holland and her husband Brian, from Ipswich, are wildlife enthusiasts who spend hours each week waiting for the perfect shot of migrant birds, playful seals and scurrying field mice.
Their latest collection of images, which can be viewed on Mrs Holland’s Flickr Page also includes a pregnant pig.
Mr Holland said of the jays: “Some have flown in from Scandinavia while others are resident birds in the UK.”
He continued: “We also watched theses wood mice exiting their nest.
“It took ages just standing hoping they would exit but eventually they did hence these few clicks. You can see all their senses were being uses , eyes everywhere, ears listening for threats and whiskers and nose twitching before they made their dash for thicker cover.
You may also want to watch:
“Plenty of patience needed especially on a cold day.”
Have you got some wildlife images that throw the spotlight on some of our native creatures? Share your photos via iwitness24
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement