Gallery: Musical youth hitting all the right notes at Snape Maltings Concert Hall
- Credit: Archant
Another collection of youngsters exhibited their many musical talents on the fourth day of an annual festival showcasing Suffolk schools.
A Celebration of Schools’ Music continued at Snape Maltings Concert Hall yesterday with pupils again taking part in rehearsals, workshops and composition exercises, before coming together for a closing performance in the evening.
Several more schools took to the stage for the 28th annual celebration – this year focusing on the theme of ‘My Suffolk’.
Yesterday was the turn of Birchwood Primary, Old Newton Primary, Kersey Primary, Westbridge, Guildhall Feoffment Primary, Stowupland High School and King Edward VI School.
The event, held in partnership with Suffolk County Council, continues today and tomorrow, with performances beginning at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Some 1,600 children from 44 primary, middle and high schools will have taken part over the week, with audiences of 600 parents, family, friends and school staff watching final performances conducted by Ken Burton, musical director of the London Adventist Choir and a regular guest on BBC Songs of Praise.
Each finale is accompanied by visual artists Butch Auntie, using changes in the music to display atmospheric backdrops created especially for the night.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Tickets for performances are £8 (half price for under-27s) and available from the Aldeburgh Music Box Office on 01728 687110 or online at aldeburgh.co.uk.