Gallery: Students step into shoes of staff at Farlingaye High School
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Pupils switched places with staff for the second annual Student Takeover Day at a Suffolk school.
The day began at Farlingaye High School, in Woodbridge, with Georgie Wright taking assembly, as she and Hugh Bowman stepped into the shoes of headteacher Sue Hargadon.
Elsewhere Lily Nash was shown the ropes on reception, while Benjamin Vinton and Olivia Campbell-Barr took on kitchen duties.
Year 13 student, Georgie said: “Ms Hargadon’s responsibility is huge – and she does this every day!
“We have an immense amount of respect for our teachers, but to know what goes on behind the scenes makes us respect them even more.”
You may also want to watch:
Hugh, a year eight pupil, added: “It’s quite a lot of pressure in not much time – but Ms Hargadon seems to know what’s happening everywhere.”
Georgie later led a board meeting which included discussions on leadership and the school budget.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 10 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed