Gallery: Sunny start to the Easter holidays but expect showers over the bank holiday weekend in Suffolk
The promenade at Felixstowe was busy today as families made the most of the first official day of the Easter holidays.
Children wrapped up against the spring breeze to enjoy the sunshine at the seaside resort.
The sun also brought the crowds out in Christchurch Park, Ipswich where children were scooting and cycling around the paths.
However, the outlook for the long weekend makes for grim reading.
Weatherquest, based in Norwich’s University of East Anglia, predict that the strong winds that swept the country over the past few days will die down slightly, but rain will dampen our spirits.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Bell, from Weatherquest, said: “This coming Saturday’s high of between eight to 10C is possibly the best of the weather for the long weekend despite being cooler than average.
“Easter Sunday and bank holiday Monday will have highs of around 8 to 9C.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
Elsewhere in Europe the weather forecast is also looking gloomy for Germany, France and much of northern Europe with a high risk of rain and a low chance of sunshine over the bank holiday weekend.