Gallery: Third Ipswich Baby Sensory class launched at Dance East after success with Kesgrave and Rushmere
- Credit: Archant
A former family support worker from Ipswich has launched a third baby class just months after signing up to be a franchisee of the Baby Sensory group.
Hayley Sangster, 36, started the Ipswich branch of the Baby Sensory group in October after recognising a need for classes which develop a baby’s interaction with their environment.
Currently, the classes run on Tuesdays at Rushmere Village Hall from 10am to 11pm, and at the Millennium Jubilee Hall in Kesgrave from 10.15am to 11.15am on Fridays.
Now, Mrs Sangster will be starting a third class at Dance East from Wednesday, running from 10.30am due to a high demand for the service.
She said: “It’s going really well. It’s quite a social event, and every activity we do has an outcome or different learning experience for the baby.”
On Tuesday, a free taster session was held at Rushmere Village Hall, where parents had the opprtunity to try exploratory activities with their child, including clapping games, rhythm exercises with shakers and balance activities.
Mrs Sangster added: “No week is the same so they can come every week and never experience the same thing twice which is quite unique.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 3 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 4 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 5 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 6 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 9 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 10 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
“Sensory play is crucial for a baby’s life and I am really pleased it has taken off.”
An additional drop-in baby group will take place until 12.30pm directly after the Tuesday sensory group.