Gallery: Traffic delays in Sudbury caused by burst water main
- Credit: Archant
Severe travel delays on the A131 Gainsborough Road in Sudbury have been caused by a burst water main.
Police officers were called this morning to the A131 Gainsborough Road after a burst water main had disrupted traffic around the town.
Diversions had been put in place for the A120 and via Halstead and Braintree to keep traffic away from the area.
A lorry which was diverting from the water main area then became stuck after encountering a low bridge and being unable to turn around in Cross Street.
A police spokeswoman said traffic delays were expected to last until at least 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Engineers from Anglian Water are at the scene working to get the problem fixed, with delays expected to last until 6.30pm.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published