Gallery/video: Pumpkin competition held at Gainsborough Labour and Social Club raises funds for EACH
- Credit: Archant
Carved and decorated pumpkins made for a spectacular sight as an annual event raised funds for a good cause.
The pumpkin competition at Gainsborough Labour and Social Club in Ipswich on Saturday saw a number of groups and individuals bring in their own pumpkins for the show.
There were several categories in the competition, which was raising funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), including heaviest pumpkin and best decorated.
About 40 people turned up to the event, which is organised by the Ipswich Allotment Holders Association.
John Greenacre, who runs the show on behalf of the group, said: “I am very, very pleased with how it went and we had a good attendance.”
The event raised about £450 on the day but is expected to raise £1,100 in total.
Mr Greenacre added: “I’m pleased with that – the more we can make for them the better.”
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 3 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 9 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
EACH provides support for families and care for children who suffer from life-threatening conditions.