Gallery/video: Pumpkin competition held at Gainsborough Labour and Social Club raises funds for EACH
- Credit: Archant
Carved and decorated pumpkins made for a spectacular sight as an annual event raised funds for a good cause.
The pumpkin competition at Gainsborough Labour and Social Club in Ipswich on Saturday saw a number of groups and individuals bring in their own pumpkins for the show.
There were several categories in the competition, which was raising funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), including heaviest pumpkin and best decorated.
About 40 people turned up to the event, which is organised by the Ipswich Allotment Holders Association.
John Greenacre, who runs the show on behalf of the group, said: “I am very, very pleased with how it went and we had a good attendance.”
You may also want to watch:
The event raised about £450 on the day but is expected to raise £1,100 in total.
Mr Greenacre added: “I’m pleased with that – the more we can make for them the better.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
EACH provides support for families and care for children who suffer from life-threatening conditions.