Gallery: Wildlife in action at Minsmere and Christchurch Park
- Credit: Margaret Holland
AN avid photographer with a passion for wildlife has been hiding out at Minsmere, waiting patiently for the perfect shot.
And here are the results.
Margaret Holland and husband Brian, of Ipswich, travel the length of the county, armed with their trusted camera, ready to capture native birds, hungry squirrels and migrant creatures in their natural habitats.
Recently they have been photographing characters that are often overlooked because of their reputations, including a magpie at RSPB Minsmere.
Mr Holland said: “The magpie shows, we hope, the iridescence in the plumage which can so easily be overlooked as they have a terrible reputation as thieves and robbers but they are also very clever birds.
“The mandarin ducks were all taken in Christchurch Park recently and again it is the female that does not get the appropriate plaudits - just look at her as she is beautiful in an understated way.”
Whilst at Minsmere, they also photographed the stormy sea, raging with temper on a blustery day.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 4 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 7 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 8 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 9 Haverhill man taken to hospital after being assaulted by burglars
- 10 Consultation on measures to ease town residents' parking frustration
Share your wildlife images at suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk