Gallery: Wildlife in action at Minsmere and Christchurch Park
- Credit: Margaret Holland
AN avid photographer with a passion for wildlife has been hiding out at Minsmere, waiting patiently for the perfect shot.
And here are the results.
Margaret Holland and husband Brian, of Ipswich, travel the length of the county, armed with their trusted camera, ready to capture native birds, hungry squirrels and migrant creatures in their natural habitats.
Recently they have been photographing characters that are often overlooked because of their reputations, including a magpie at RSPB Minsmere.
Mr Holland said: “The magpie shows, we hope, the iridescence in the plumage which can so easily be overlooked as they have a terrible reputation as thieves and robbers but they are also very clever birds.
You may also want to watch:
“The mandarin ducks were all taken in Christchurch Park recently and again it is the female that does not get the appropriate plaudits - just look at her as she is beautiful in an understated way.”
Whilst at Minsmere, they also photographed the stormy sea, raging with temper on a blustery day.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
Share your wildlife images at suffolk.iwitness24.co.uk