Gallery: Youngsters from Aldeburgh Primary School treated to a taste of the Continent as they brush up on their French
LUCKY youngsters were treated to a break from the classroom as they looked to put their language skills to the test.
Children from Aldeburgh Primary School dropped in to the town’s White Lion yesterday for a very special breakfast.
The trip was made as part of their French lessons – with hotel staff dressing with typical Gallic flair in berets and stripey T-shirts.
The 25 youngsters were then treated to a continental breakfast that included orange juice, hot chocolate, croissants and pain au chocolat.
All the while they were able to brush up on their language skills and practice their French.
Claire Tantony, marketing co-ordinator for TA Hotel Collection Ltd, which runs the White Lion, said: “It was a lovely morning and everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves.
“The children visit quarterly and it is a fun and interactive way for them to practice their French.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 6 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 7 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 8 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 9 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
“We are always keen to support the local community and are only too happy to welcome the primary school.”