Gallery: Youngsters have a go at cycle racing at Abbeycroft Leisure Centre
- Credit: Archant
BRITISH Cycling coach John Stockwell has led a session for youngsters at Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre.
The Go Ride cycling taster session on Tuesday saw eight to 14-year-olds win medals and race for prizes.
Amelia Epton, children and young people programme manager at Abbeycroft Leisure, which runs the centre, said: “This year we have introduced film afternoons and Go Ride cycling taster sessions to our popular holiday programme for eight-year-olds and over.
“We are also exploring the possibility of running camps specifically for children aged six to seven and we would love to hear from parents whether this is something they would like at the centre.”
Tomorrow a raft building session is taking place from 10am to 11.15am in which children get to make their own raft and then race it.
You may also want to watch:
To express interest in seeing holiday camps for six to seven-year-olds email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results