Garage on the market for £15,000
IT is a unique piece of property nestled in a quiet part of town.There is a resplendent sky blue door and more than adequate parking space.Boasting a very reasonable asking price of £15,000 the property could well be considered a great bargain – but it is a garage.
IT is a unique piece of property nestled in a quiet part of town.
There is a resplendent sky blue door and more than adequate parking space.
Boasting a very reasonable asking price of £15,000 the property could well be considered a great bargain – but it is a garage.
The estate agents trying to sell it have already had a lot of interest, and are confident that it will soon be snapped up.
You may also want to watch:
The garage is one of many off Collingwood Road in Woodbridge, and is being sold by local estate agents Gobbit & Kirby.
Scott Matheson-Barr, principal of Gobbit & Kirby, said: "It's not something that is readily available on the market. The garage is surplus to the requirements of the vendor – because it's not actually on the property they have taken the decision that it's of no real value to the property.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
"And, for a capital investment of that sort of money it would give a good yield if it was rented out."
Mr Matheson-Barr said he expects the garage to be in high demand, either to be rented, for use as storage, or for those with property in the town without parking space.
"There's been quite a lot of interest in it so far," he added.
"It's reflective of Woodbridge in general, where parking is at a premium. "To get anything on the market linked to property for such a low figure is very rare. We are delighted to be able to handle it."
The garage measures just over 16 feet in depth, is around eight feet wide and stands a tad over seven feet tall.
The advert for the garage reads: "A unique opportunity to acquire an end of block brick built freehold garage with an up and over door, situated on the outskirts of Woodbridge, yet being convenient for the town centre."
Further information from Gobbitt & Kirby on 01394 380330.
nDisillusioned with estate agents, Eva Marsden, 66, is asking £175,000 for her three-bedroom detached house in Trimley St Martin, near Felixstowe on internet auction site eBay.
There have been no bids so far and the deadline is on Sunday.
Ms Marsden, who is part-owner of her village's sausage shop, said the page had received more than 850 hits.
"It's good fun. I use eBay all the time and I thought why not sell my house on it? It opens it up to the whole of the UK," she said.
"I need somewhere a bit smaller and I didn't want to go through the fuss of going to an estate agent. It has created some interest but nothing happens on eBay until the last couple of days. Nobody wants to put the first bid in.
"If it doesn't sell this time, I'll put it on the site again - and I'll offer a year's free supply of sausages with it."