Gas leak adds to difficulties for fire crews fighting flat blaze in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters took three hours to bring a blaze under control at a flat where there was a suspected gas leak.
Three appliances from Lowestoft South, one from Lowestoft North, an appliance from Beccles and the Command Unit, and a Great Yarmouth crew attended the incident in High Street, Lowestoft, at 9pm last night.
Crews arrived on scene to a fire in a first floor flat of a three storey building.
A gas leak inside was also reported and engineers from Transco also attended.
Eight firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used three water jets to extinguish the fire, which was brought under control just before midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, a crew from Needham Market dealt with a car fire in the town’s Ranson Road. They were called at 4am today and were back at base by 4.48am.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal