Gas leak causes evacuation
A SERIOUS gas leak forced firefighters to evacuate an area of Lowestoft today.Fire crews received a report of LPG cylinders leaking inside one of the units at HCH Land Rovers in Hamilton Road in the town shortly before noon today.
A SERIOUS gas leak forced firefighters to evacuate an area of Lowestoft today.
Fire crews received a report of LPG cylinders leaking inside one of the units at HCH Land Rovers in Hamilton Road in the town shortly before noon today.
A fire engine from Normanshurst initially attended the scene and swiftly requested backup from a second crew.
Suffolk Fire Service described the incident as a “serious gas leak” and said the road had to be closed and the area evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the service said firefighters allowed the cylinders to dissipate before removing them from the property and making the area safe.
The incident was over shortly before 2pm.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player