Girls Aloud heading for V festival
CHART-topping pop quintet Girls Aloud are just one of six new acts confirmed for this year's V festival. The group, who have claimed they are taking pop music back to the top of the charts, will make their debut performance at V this year.
CHART-topping pop quintet Girls Aloud are just one of six new acts confirmed for this year's V festival.
The group, who have claimed they are taking pop music back to the top of the charts, will make their debut performance at V this year.
The newly signed acts add to the traditional musical diversity of the festival - Girls Aloud will be joined by The Cardigans, Phoenix, We Are Scientists, The Saw Doctors and The Rifles.
We Are Scientists will be a particular attraction to festival-goers as they are tipped to “dominate the summer.” The 27-year-olds will play V for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
The will be joining headliners Radiohead, Morrissey and Faithless among many others.
The sold-out festival takes place at Hylands Park, Chelmsford and Weston Park, Staffordshire during August 19 and 20.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
A festival spokesman said: “With only 32 acts of a final 80 confirmed, we're not even nearly done yet. Our advice is to watch this space for more of the finest acts the music world has to offer - both new and well known!”