Girls Aloud heading for V festival
CHART-topping pop quintet Girls Aloud are just one of six new acts confirmed for this year's V festival. The group, who have claimed they are taking pop music back to the top of the charts, will make their debut performance at V this year.
CHART-topping pop quintet Girls Aloud are just one of six new acts confirmed for this year's V festival.
The group, who have claimed they are taking pop music back to the top of the charts, will make their debut performance at V this year.
The newly signed acts add to the traditional musical diversity of the festival - Girls Aloud will be joined by The Cardigans, Phoenix, We Are Scientists, The Saw Doctors and The Rifles.
We Are Scientists will be a particular attraction to festival-goers as they are tipped to “dominate the summer.” The 27-year-olds will play V for the first time.
The will be joining headliners Radiohead, Morrissey and Faithless among many others.
The sold-out festival takes place at Hylands Park, Chelmsford and Weston Park, Staffordshire during August 19 and 20.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 3 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 4 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 9 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
A festival spokesman said: “With only 32 acts of a final 80 confirmed, we're not even nearly done yet. Our advice is to watch this space for more of the finest acts the music world has to offer - both new and well known!”