Drug driver involved in crash is banned from road
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A drug driver who was involved in a crash with a motorcyclist near Bury St Edmunds has been banned from getting behind the wheel for 12 months.
Jordan Lawrence, 23, of Lower Road, Glemsford, was driving a Fiat Tipo on the A143 at Horringer around 7.50pm on July 3 when the car collided with a motorcycle, causing injuries to the rider and passenger.
The police were called and Lawrence was found to have an amount of cocaine in his system following a drugs test.
He was taken to hospital where it was revealed he had 72 microgrammes of the cocaine derivative Benzoylecgonine in his blood.
Jeremy Kendall, defending, said Lawrence was going through an "extremely difficult period" in his life following a relationship break-up.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates fined Lawrence £120 and he was ordered to pay £105 in costs and a £32 victim surcharge.
He was also disqualified from driving for 12 months.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 8 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 9 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
- 10 Bill Turnbull announces leave from Classic FM show for health reasons