Gorleston: James Paget Hospital appoints new chief executive
- Credit: Archant
GORLESTON’S James Paget Hospital has appointed a new chief executive.
Christine Allen has been chosen to lead the James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and will take up her post later in the year.
She has worked for the NHS for more than 25 years and is currently the deputy chief executive and chief operating officer at Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust.
While at Northampton, she has been instrumental in leading significant transformational change and service redesign in elderly care, urgent care and stroke services.
She has also had the opportunity to undertake the Institute of Healthcare Improvement patient safety training in Boston USA and helped shape the trusts quality and safety programme.
You may also want to watch:
The appointment has been approved by the hospital’s Governors Council.
Chairman David Wright said: “Under the leadership of Christine Allen we can go from strength to strength and continue to build on the strong position in which we find ourselves. I am sure she will be an excellent successor to David Hill, to whom we all owe a huge debt of gratitude for all has done since returning here in April last year.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
Christine said: “I am delighted to be appointed as chief executive of the James Paget Hospital, I have visited the hospital on several occasions now and am really impressed with what I’ve seen and the people I’ve met.”
It is anticipated that Christine will join the Trust in early summer. During this interim period David Hill will continue as chief executive to ensure a smooth transition.