Grays: Witnesses sought after attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following an attempted robbery at an internet café in Grays.
At around 10.45am on October 15, a man entered the Double Deuce Communications internet café in Clarence Road, and demanded money from the member of staff.
Staff refused and the man left the store.
A 28-year-old man from Stanford-le-Hope was later arrested the same day in South Ockendon on suspicion of attempted robbery.
He has been released on police bail pending further enquiries until November 13.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are looking to trace a member of the public who wrote down the registration number of the vehicle used by the suspect to leave the scene and gave this to the café staff, as well as a customer who was using a computer at the time of the incident.
Anyone with information should contact Dc Clive Day at Grays CID on 101.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go