Have you spotted the mysterious Great Blakenham dinosaur?
- Credit: Melanie Pirie
A prehistoric predator has been prowling the streets of Great Blakenham and Claydon, but most residents have been doubled over laughing rather than running away screaming.
The T-rex was let loose after Christmas time and a representative for the dinosaur has confirmed the blow-up outfit was a present over the holidays.
It made an appearance on Shrove Tuesday, flipping pancakes as it ran around the houses, and was seen slipping about in the snow during the Beast from the East 2 last week.
Appearances have been made at local shops, restaurants and housing estates, with requests pouring in for special visits.
The Great Blakenham dinosaur's representative, who has chosen to remain anonymous, said: "On Christmas day the dinosaur ran out onto the street and got seen by a few people.
"It just went from there and people ended up posting about it all over social media, now people come out to see it go past and it's been such a lovely response.
"It's just cheered everyone up so much."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
The dinosaur is not raising money for charity, as many have assumed, but might be doing something special for the upcoming Comic Relief.
Is there someone in your community doing something like this to bring joy during lockdown? If so we want to celebrate them. Send your story ideas to email@example.com