Have you spotted the mysterious Great Blakenham dinosaur?
- Credit: Melanie Pirie
A prehistoric predator has been prowling the streets of Great Blakenham and Claydon, but most residents have been doubled over laughing rather than running away screaming.
The T-rex was let loose after Christmas time and a representative for the dinosaur has confirmed the blow-up outfit was a present over the holidays.
It made an appearance on Shrove Tuesday, flipping pancakes as it ran around the houses, and was seen slipping about in the snow during the Beast from the East 2 last week.
Appearances have been made at local shops, restaurants and housing estates, with requests pouring in for special visits.
The Great Blakenham dinosaur's representative, who has chosen to remain anonymous, said: "On Christmas day the dinosaur ran out onto the street and got seen by a few people.
"It just went from there and people ended up posting about it all over social media, now people come out to see it go past and it's been such a lovely response.
"It's just cheered everyone up so much."
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
The dinosaur is not raising money for charity, as many have assumed, but might be doing something special for the upcoming Comic Relief.
Is there someone in your community doing something like this to bring joy during lockdown? If so we want to celebrate them. Send your story ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org