Great Blakenham: Fire crews extinguish blaze at landfill site

A fire was reported in the roof space of a home in Walton on the Naze

A fire was reported in the roof space of a home in Walton on the Naze - Credit: Archant

Fire crews from Ipswich have extinguished a blaze at a landfill site overnight.

Two fire engines from Princes Street were sent to Masons Landfill Site on the Bramford Road in Great Blakenham around 12.41am where they found smoke issuing from a single storey gas-powered generator building.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus, one hosereel, one covering jet and two dry powder extinguishers as they tackled the flames and returned to base by 2.21am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus