Teenager fighting for his life after early morning crash
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life and another teenager is being questioned by police after a crash in Great Bromley near Colchester.
Officers were called to reports that a red Peugeot 207 convertible had left Harwich Road in the village shortly before 1.35am today.
The driver of the car, an 18-year-old man, has suffered life-threatening injuries and has been taken to hospital.
The passenger in the car, an 18-year-old man from Colchester, has been arrested on suspicion of taking a motor vehicle without the owner's consent.
He is currently in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to hear from anyone who saw the Peugeot before the crash or saw it happen.
Detectives believe the car's roof was down at the time.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
Anyone with information, CCTV or dash cam footage should call the serious collision investigation unit on 101 quoting incident 115 of May 19.
Alternatively, email police directly or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.