Great Cornard: Overnight raids target homes
Burglars target homes during weekend raids in Great Cornard
POLICE are warning residents to secure their homes after a series of break-ins over the weekend in west Suffolk.
Four homes in Great Cornard were targeted by thieves who made off with cash and expensive items including a car.
Between the hours of 10.30pm on Friday night and early the following morning burglars broke into a house in Kempson Drive by forcing open a door before stealing a purse, cash and keys to a red Mini Cooper Sport which was also stolen.
A police spokesman said the car, registration ET52 JVP, was last spotted driving in the Halstead and Rayne areas of Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Another two homes in Raleigh Road were broken into when doors were forced open. A purse was stolen from one of the houses and despite gaining entry to the other property nothing was stolen.
The final raid took place in Carson Drive where a wallet, cash, a laptop and a number of wrapped presents were snatched from a home.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
Anyone with information on the on these crimes should call DC Andy George at West Suffolk CID on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.