Getting ready for tomorrow’s Great East Run? Here’s what you need to know
- Credit: Andy Abbott
With less than 24 hours until the big race we have all the latest information on road closures, parking and that all important weather forecast.
There are a huge number of road closures in place on Sunday for the event. Most roads in central Ipswich will be closed for a number of hours while the entrants pass through. By mid to late afternoon most roads should be open and traffic getting back to normal but it’s best to check before you travel.
Our full list shows you which roads will be closed and when.
You may also want to watch:
If you need to park on the day there are a number of options for you to choose from.
West End Car Park
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
This costs £1 an hour to park or £5 for the whole day. This car park is best suited for those travelling in from the south. Access into Ipswich is via the A1214 London Road, then right into West End Road.
Portman Road car park
The car park costs the same as West End Car Park and is better for those arriving from the north of the town via the A12 or the A140 from Norwich. it is also ideal for those coming in from the west off the A14. Access to the car park is via Portman Road, turn off Handford Road.
St Peters Dock car park
This car park can hold almost 100 cars and is priced at £1.20 an hour, £6 for five hours. It is best suited for those wanting to spectate the from the Waterfront,
Slade Street car park
This is also close to the Waterfront and will cost you £1.90 for an hour,or £3.70 for the day rate.
Crown car park
If you are looking to park closer to the town centre, you could park at the newly built Crown car park which is one of the cheapest in Ipswich charging just £1 an hour, the car park boasts 541 wider spaces and is located in Claude Street.
Where do I need to be and when?
Once you’ve got to Ipswich and parked up where do you need to head next? The event kicks off at 8am with warm-ups taking place at 9.40. Your start time depends on what colour number you hold but will be before 10.15am.
To get the best possible times in tomorrows race its important that conditions are just right.