Farmers’ market announced for home stretch of this year’s Great East Run
- Credit: Andy Abbott
This year’s Simplyheath Great East Run is set to include a farmers’ market for the very first time.
Suffolk Market Events have announced a new partnership with the sold-out half marathon event and are planning bring a range of traders to the event’s finish when it returns on Sunday, September 16.
A secondary event village is being set up on Alderman Road recreation ground, next to Sir Alf Ramsey Way, which is part of the final 200m rush to the finishing line.
Angie Bentley, from Suffolk Market Events, said: “We’re delighted to be able to bring a range of fantastic traders to the Simplyhealth Great East Run to provide hungry participants and supporters with some of the region’s best locally produced food and drink.
“We also have a long-standing partnership with the Great East Swim and we are now delighted to be able to give this tasty offering to the thousands of people in Ipswich on event day.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything that is sold has been produced solely by the person who is selling and nothing will have travelled further than 35 miles to be at the event.
“We always showcase the highest quality of locally sourced food and we plan to make it available all day so that the last runner across the finish line gets the same choice as the first one.”
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies