Great Leighs: Woman driver “absolutely terrified” after she is nearly forced off dual carriageway
- Credit: citizenside.com
A woman was left “absolutely terrified” after another driver tried to force her car off the road on a busy dual carriageway.
The incident happened between 4-4.30pm on Friday, March 21 along the A131 dual carriageway near Great Leighs.
A woman in her 40s, from the Braintree area, was driving her black Ford Escort when the driver of a red Ford Ka began targeting the woman.
Investigating officer PC Melanie Warren said: “The Ka was being driven in a manner that left the woman absolutely terrified.
“He was shouting and swearing at the female, and tried to force her off the road by swerving towards the side of her vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“He then pulled in front of her and swerved from side to side aggressively whilst braking hard, and forced her to reduce her speed to 35 mph on a fast road in the fast lane.”
The driver of the Ka is described as white and in his early 20s. He had short hair and a thin face.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 9 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
Anyone with any information should contact PC Warren at Chelmsford roads policing unit on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.