Great Livermere: Blaze in pantry is extinguished by firefighters

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters have extinguished a blaze which broke out in the pantry of a west Suffolk home.

Crews from Bury St Edmunds and Ixworth were sent to the scene in Bury Road, Great Livermere, at 6.15am today.

The blaze was in a ground floor pantry.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and covering jets to extinguish the fire by 7.20am.

The property was ventilated and electrics isolated.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus