Points failure brings more disruption to rail services in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A points failure has caused rail services to be suspended on a Suffolk line - with hours of disruption expected.
Greater Anglia said the fault at Oulton Broad South had blocked the East Suffolk line, suspending services between Ipswich and Lowestoft.
Disruption is expected until 6pm.
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption,” a spokesman said.
It comes amid a day of severe disruption on the region’s rail network with scores of services cancelled and even more delayed.
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia took the decision to cancel a number of services due to the warm weather, which has also brought speed restrictions on a number of busy lines.
The line at Colchester Town has been completely closed due to the high temperatures, with disruption expected to last until 7pm.
Visit Journey Check for specific service details.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search