Person hit by train on main rail line between Suffolk and London
- Credit: Archant
A person has been struck by a train on the region’s main rail line to London.
All lines were blocked and unable to depart London Liverpool Street, according to Greater Anglia.
The incident happened between Maryland and Stratford shortly before 11am. However, at about 1.45pm services had returned to normal.
Rail operator Greater Anglia had earlier said on Twitter: "Due to a person being hit by a train between Stratford and Maryland, all lines are blocked.
"Train services running through these stations may be delayed by up to 30 minutes or revised. Disruption is expected until 3pm."
You may also want to watch:
Buses will also be replacing trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe all day.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk