Gritter crashes into central reservation on A11 near Mildenhall
A gritter trying to prepare a busy road for traffic in the icy weather crashed into the central reservation of the A11 during the early hours of the morning.
Police Tweeted to say that the vehicle crashed near to Mildenhall at around 4am this morning (Wednesday, February 28).
No-one was injured in the crash and officers said it was caused by a mechanical fault.
A single-lane closure was in place while police cleared up the aftermath of the crash, which reopened shortly before 5am.
Mildenhall Police Tweeted at the time of the incident: “Gritter has crashed into the central reservation of the #A11 #southbound. No injuries - just a mechanical fault!
You may also want to watch:
“Single lane closure currently in place.”
After the lane had been reopened, officers Tweeted: “#A11 is now clear.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 8 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 9 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
“Please remember to drive carefully, it is -5C at the moment!”