Travellers pitch up at Leisure World in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers set up camp in the car park of Leisure World in Colchester
According to a spokesman for Colchester Borough Council, 12 caravans and six vehicles arrived at the site last night, Wednesday, February 27.
He said the Essex Countywide Travellers Unit (ECTU) had visited the site this morning and served a Direction to Leave notice.
“The notice gives direction for the group to leave the land before 11am tomorrow (March 1),” he said.
“If the travellers do not leave the site, we will need to go through the courts to ensure their removal.
You may also want to watch:
“If we have to apply for a court order, the procedure will take between 7-10 days.”
He added that there had been no impact on visitor numbers and that it remains ‘business as usual’ at Leisure World Colchester.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years