Groups descend on Suffolk for milestone birthday of The Belchamp Morris Men
- Credit: Archant
Morris men from across the land descended on Suffolk this weekend to celebrate the 40th birthday of one of the county’s teams.
The Belchamp Morris Men were formed in 1976 and – joined by colleagues from the Isle of Wight, Norwich and Chelmsford – went on a Suffolk and north Essex tour on Saturday.
Meeting at the Nethergate Brewery, in Pentlow, first of all, they then split off into three groups.
Between them, they visited pubs in Castle Hedingham, Belchamp Otten, Finchingfield, Clare, Pebmarsh, Cornish Hall End, Ridgewell, Stoke-by-Clare and Wickham St Paul.
“It was absolutely excellent, it was really good,” said John Bethell from the Belchamp Morris.
You may also want to watch:
“All the tours worked out and all the people [who] came to join us had thoroughly wonderful time, as did we.”
He added: “As we finished, we were all camping and one of the Belchamp guys gave us the use of a field for the weekend. In the evening when we came back after the pubs we had a Morris Olympics,” which he described as a “raft of silly games”.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks