Groups descend on Suffolk for milestone birthday of The Belchamp Morris Men
- Credit: Archant
Morris men from across the land descended on Suffolk this weekend to celebrate the 40th birthday of one of the county’s teams.
The Belchamp Morris Men were formed in 1976 and – joined by colleagues from the Isle of Wight, Norwich and Chelmsford – went on a Suffolk and north Essex tour on Saturday.
Meeting at the Nethergate Brewery, in Pentlow, first of all, they then split off into three groups.
Between them, they visited pubs in Castle Hedingham, Belchamp Otten, Finchingfield, Clare, Pebmarsh, Cornish Hall End, Ridgewell, Stoke-by-Clare and Wickham St Paul.
“It was absolutely excellent, it was really good,” said John Bethell from the Belchamp Morris.
You may also want to watch:
“All the tours worked out and all the people [who] came to join us had thoroughly wonderful time, as did we.”
He added: “As we finished, we were all camping and one of the Belchamp guys gave us the use of a field for the weekend. In the evening when we came back after the pubs we had a Morris Olympics,” which he described as a “raft of silly games”.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car