Grundisburgh: Pumpkin fun as village celebrates autumn squash at festival
- Credit: Archant
Families enjoyed an afternoon of eating, rolling and carving an autumn favourite.
The Grundisburgh Pumpkin Festival attracted people of all ages to take part in a series of pumpkin-themed activities – and raised around £450 for the Grundisburgh Scouts’ fundraising appeal for a new headquarters building.
The festival was organised by members of the Grundisburgh, Burgh and Culpho Horticultural Society and held on the village green at Grundisburgh.
Among the tasty treats on offer for people to try was pumpkin curry and soup, and the traditional pumpkin pie.
During the afternoon there were games for people to take part in, including apple bobbing and apple bashing, and also pumpkin rolling, with competitors guiding a pumpkin around a course on the village green.
You may also want to watch:
A competition to carve a pumpkin was also held – with the winner choosing not to carve a face, but to create an image of the village church in their pumpkin.
Horticultural committee member Heather Langdon said: “We had people of all ages come along and it was a lovely fun event.”
Send us your pumpkin pictures viaiwitness24
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 8 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 9 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash