Guests evacuated from Essex marquee after fire alert
- Credit: Archant
About 250 guests were evacuated during a fire drama in a marquee at an Essex stately home.
The party goers were evacuated safely by Essex Fire Service following a fire inside a marquee in the grounds of Parklands Quendon Hall near Saffron Walden.
One person was treated for slight smoke inhalation.
The drama happened on Saturday lunchtime. 30 Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used three main jets and two hose reels to tackle the blaze. They were using two light portable pumps to pump water on to the fire from an open water source close by.
The incident commander reported that power to the site and a diesel storage tank on site had been isolated.
You may also want to watch:
With half an hour they had surrounded the blaze and began damping down.
An ambulance was called and its crew treated a woman suffering from the affects of breathing in smoke. She was then taken to hospital but was not thought to be seriously ill.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies