CCTV released after guitar theft in Colchester
- Credit: PROVIDED BY ESSEX POLICE
A pair of thieves stole an expensive guitar from shop in Colchester by hiding it under a coat and walking out.
A man and a woman entered Peach Guitars at around 4pm on Tuesday, February 20 and made a purchase before going to the upper floor of the store.
The man took a Brazilian Mccarty 594, worth a five-figure sum of cash, from the wall and removed its tag.
The guitar was then concealed in the woman’s long coat as they left the store.
Essex Police has released CCTV images of two people it wants to speak to in connection with the theft.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone who recognises them to call 101 and ask for Pc Lindsey Mason at Colchester police station.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or through the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 9 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 10 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town