First look at Hadleigh's new £2.4million pool and leisure centre
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
This is what Hadleigh's brand new, £2.4million leisure facilities looks like - ahead of its opening in the next few weeks.
The Abbeycroft run leisure centre was supposed to open in the town last summer, but the coronavirus crisis meant it was delayed.
It is now set to open in April, with centre manager Jonathan Harvey saying the state of the art pool will be accessible for everyone.
He added: "As part of the investment we have got a new pool pod, which allows people to get in and out of the pool with ease.
"We have also got some new gala equipment for our competitive swimming club."
Cabinet member for Communities at Babergh District Council, Councillor Derek Davis said the council wanted to make this a facility worthy of all residents in Babergh.
He added: "Babergh has spent £2.4million on this, working in collaboration with Abbeycroft Leisure and the contractors Rose, who have been absolutely superb.
Funding for the project also came from Hadleigh Town Council, which gave £200,000, and £150,000 from Sport England.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking