Rugby club changing rooms ‘completely gutted’ after late-night arson
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a storage container at Hadleigh Rugby Club was deliberately set alight - with the fire spreading to the changing rooms.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called were called at 11.57pm on Monday after receiving reports of a fire at the club in Layham Road.
Three crews from Ipswich East, Princes Street and Hadleigh attended the scene to tackle the blaze, which was started in a container but spread to the club pavilion.
A stop was called by firefighters around an hour later as the fire was brought under control.
Charlie Warburton, club chairman, said the changing rooms had been left “completely gutted and unusable” as a result of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police are treating the fire as arson and have urged anyone with information related to the incident to contact police, quoting CAD 9 of Tuesday, June 9.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 4 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 5 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 6 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 7 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 8 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich