Half a bungalow collapses in explosion leaving man from Walton-on-the-Naze in 80s with burns
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s suffered burns when an explosion brought down half of a bungalow.
Fire crews were called to Elliots Drive in Walton-on-the-Naze around 7.30pm last night (Tuesday) after about half of the building, which measured eight metres by 10 metres, collapsed.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said crews, from three appliances, used jets to extinguish a fire.
A spokesman for the service said firefighters were called after an explosion was heard. He said: “No one is missing or trapped as a result of the collapse but an ambulance crew dealt with a man in his eighties who has suffered burns.”
Crews from Frinton and Clacton were called to the fire. They had the blaze under control by 8.10pm and left a few minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear how badly hurt the man is or the cause of the collapse at this stage. An investigation into the cause is now underway.
Did you see what happened? Contact the newsroom on 01473 324802 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth