Harwich: Cannabis hoard seized at port
DRUGS worth �337,000 have been seized at Harwich International Port.
The cannabis was hidden among a load of flowers in the trailer of a lorry that arrived on a ferry from the Hook of Holland.
In total 117kg of the drug was found concealed in 14 white boxes by Border Agency staff on September 15.
Charlotte Mann, Border Force Assistant Director at Harwich, said: “The Border Force is at the forefront of the war against drugs and Saturday’s seizure is a good result, preventing a significant quantity of illegal narcotics from hitting the UK’s streets.
“We are determined to protect society from this activity which can have such a destructive impact on local communities as well as individuals.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone with information about suspected smuggling should contact our hotline on 0800 59 5000.”
A 62-year-old Dutch man was arrested on suspicion of illegally importing a Class B drug. He has been bailed until January 16.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car