Harwich: Police warn people of fuel thefts from cars after a number of vehicles are targeted
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after fuel has been taken from several vehicles in Harwich.
The petrol has been taken from the tank of a red Skoda Felicia which was parked in Adelaide Street.
Around £50 worth of fuel has been taken on various occasions between July 1 and September 16.
The nearside front wheel nuts of the vehicle were also loosened during the last incident which took place sometime overnight on September 15.
Owners of other cars parked in the road have also noticed damage around their filler caps but no fuel has been taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to people who may have seen suspicious activity in the area.
Anyone that can help is asked to call officers at Harwich on 101.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Officers are also advising anyone living in the area to check their vehicles before they drive them to ensure everything is order.