Have the fans been shirt changed?
IPSWICH TOWN: Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
That seems to be the philosophy with Ipswich Town, who today unveil their new kit for next season.
With a bland mixture of pinstripes and curved patterns, the club appears to have simply merged the kit of the last two seasons with the previous version.
It incorporates the corporate 80s-style pinstripes of two seasons ago with the current season curved pattern on the shoulders.
The kit has already been described as ‘unremarkable’ by Colin Kreidewolf, secretary of the Ipswich Town Supporters Club, who thinks the club ought to look to bigger teams who are being more adventurous with their kits.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It seems pretty unremarkable – there’s no divergence in style.
“The pinstripes are still there so it’s a throwback to the 80s team I guess which was the best Ipswich team and the best kit.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
“It’s very popular amongst fans to buy the latest kit and I am sure people will be wanting to get the kits with three stars but it just looks pretty similar.
“People will probably have trouble telling apart this one from the last two kits.”
Editor of twtd.co.uk Phil Ham said he saw the similarity with the previous two kits but was pleased it stayed traditional.
He said: “I can see what they’ve done, obviously it’s a nod to the early 80s with the pinstripes and it is similar to the past few seasons.
“It is a definite nod to the shirt style of three years ago as well but I suppose we have had worse.
“At least it’s not yellow!”
While it seems more of the same for Town’s kit, fans will undoubtedly have a little bit of hope, with Connor Wickham showing off next season’s home shirt.
If you want to get your hands on the new shirt you can reserve it by visiting www.itfcshop.co.uk from 9am today. Only the first 5,000 shirts will have the three stars.
n Are you disappointed with the new home shirt? Tell us what you think of the new design. Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org