Have you seen Hattie’s Mr Ted? Reward offered for safe return of beloved teddy bear
- Credit: Archant
A desperate mum is calling on the residents of Sudbury to help her find a missing teddy bear belonging to her four-year-old daughter.
Emma Lewis explained that her daughter Hattie’s precious Mr Ted was lost during a visit to Sudbury on September 30.
She said: “We are regular visitors to Sudbury although sadly our visit last week was for granddad’s funeral (my father-in-law).
“My mother-in-law lives near St Gregory’s Church and we were taking a family stroll the day after the funeral.
“I took a photo of my daughter Hattie holding ‘Mr Ted’ outside St Gregory’s and then another one feeding the ducks near croft bridge, when she no longer had him. We realised this as we walked over to the meadow and went straight back to look for him.”
You may also want to watch:
However, the family were unable to find the beloved bear, leaving little Hattie devastated.
“Obviously he is only a lost toy but added to the sad loss of granddad this is very distressing for my daughter as he has been her inseparable companion from birth.”
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
Mr Ted went missing at around 11am, close to the church.
Emma added: “I am wondering if someone put teddy on a wall and he has fallen into a neighbouring garden; or under a parked car or even in the shallows of the river.
“It is maddening as we live in Devon and I am unable to continue the search myself, although spent hours searching the area last week.
“I am offering a reward to anyone who finds him. “Hoping that perhaps a child may spot him as they feed the ducks.
“Finding him would restore my faith in human nature.”
Anyone with any inforamtion can email Emma here