Haverhill: One person rescued following fire in flat
- Credit: Archant
The occupant of a flat in Haverhill had to be rescued today after there was a fire in the property.
Crews from Haverhill, Clare and Linton, in Cambridgeshire, were sent to the scene, in Townend Close, at about 1.25pm.
It was reported that there was one person inside the flat.
Firefighters used one hose reel to tackle the fire and rescued the occupant, who was then treated by the ambulance service.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that one ambulance was sent, however she said nobody needed to be taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was brought under control just after 1.35pm.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets