Pub could reopen as Toby Carvery or Harvester
- Credit: Google Maps
A disused pub near Haverhill is set to be reopened - with hopes it could be taken over by Toby Carvery or Harvester.
The Fox in Little Wratting, previously known as the Rising Sun, has been closed for a number of years as it was not deemed profitable, according to planning documents.
However, the applicant believes it may be viable once more due to changes in infrastructure in the village.
Planning documents submitted to West Suffolk Council said there are "interested parties" willing to manage the reopened pub.
The documents added: "It is proposed to be a development which could be taken over by a Toby Carvery or Harvester type chain for a restaurant/pub use, in order to serve the new community which will be surrounding this site.
You may also want to watch:
"Initial consultations have been made to assess the viability of this proposal."
The scheme received the go-ahead from West Suffolk's planning department.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 6 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee