Haverhill Running Festival to return next year with new sponsor
- Credit: Archant
The Haverhill Running Festival will return in 2018 for its fourth year with a new sponsor backing the popular event.
Organisers HaverSports has announced that A-Plan Insurance will be sponsoring the event, which will support West Suffolk Hospital’s My WiSH charity.
The festival was first held in 2014 and has grown from offering the HaverHalf and Haver10 to include fun run and full marathon options.
Since its launch, the event has raised more than £28,000 for six different charities in the area.
The festival will be held at Haverhill Leisure Centre on Sunday, March 11.
Jack Tappin, HaverSports director, said: “The Haverhill Running Festival has been well supported since it launched in 2014, but we really want to see the event develop and grow.
“Haverhill is a fantastic place to run, as shown by our thriving running community, and I’m confident that the town can successfully cater for more runners.”
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
HaverSports also organised the inaugural Bury St Edmunds Running Festival, which was held in October, and hope to build on that success with the latest Haverhill event.
Dan Skippins, Bury St Edmunds branch manager of A-Plan Insurance, said: “We realise the importance of both keeping fit and healthy, but also ensuring we work to the benefit of our local communities.
“We’re pleased to be involved in an event that will see the community coming together, both in competing and volunteering, while also encouraging people to stay healthy.
“West Suffolk Hospital is vital to the region, and the work My WiSH Charity does is something that we’re delighted to be able to support.”
Sue Smith, fundraising manager for My WiSH Charity, said: “We’re really pleased to be able to work with A-Plan Insurance and HaverSports to deliver the Haverhill Running Festival 2018.
“We’re keen to ensure people stay fit and healthy, and also want to ensure people in Haverhill are aware of the work we do and how that benefits the town, making this event a great opportunity to both raise funds and publicise our work.”
Entries for Haverhill Runs – The A-Plan Insurance Running Festival are now open, and can be made online at: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/haverhill-runs-the-a-plan-insurance-running-festival-tickets-39247477261