Man stabbed in Haverhill assault
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in the shoulder in Haverhill.
Police were called to the scene in Balmoral Drive around 4pm Tuesday afternoon, July 16, following reports of a man being injured in the shoulder.
A man, who police believe to be in his 30s, was taken to hospital for treatment. A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed his injuries are not life threatening.
Officers remain on the scene as they continue to conduct enquiries.
The afternoon assault was the second serious assault to happen in the town on Tuesday, with another man in his 30s injured shortly after 1.30am in the recreation ground near to Clements Lane.
The man in the earlier assault was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for treatment, where officers say he is also in a stable condition.
It is not currently known if the two assaults are linked.
Those with information regarding the afternoon assault are asked to contact West CID on 101, quoting reference 41666/19.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 6 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
- 10 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.