Man stabbed in Haverhill assault
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in the shoulder in Haverhill.
Police were called to the scene in Balmoral Drive around 4pm Tuesday afternoon, July 16, following reports of a man being injured in the shoulder.
A man, who police believe to be in his 30s, was taken to hospital for treatment. A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed his injuries are not life threatening.
Officers remain on the scene as they continue to conduct enquiries.
The afternoon assault was the second serious assault to happen in the town on Tuesday, with another man in his 30s injured shortly after 1.30am in the recreation ground near to Clements Lane.
The man in the earlier assault was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for treatment, where officers say he is also in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
It is not currently known if the two assaults are linked.
Those with information regarding the afternoon assault are asked to contact West CID on 101, quoting reference 41666/19.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.