Man stabbed in Haverhill assault
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in the shoulder in Haverhill.
Police were called to the scene in Balmoral Drive around 4pm Tuesday afternoon, July 16, following reports of a man being injured in the shoulder.
A man, who police believe to be in his 30s, was taken to hospital for treatment. A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed his injuries are not life threatening.
Officers remain on the scene as they continue to conduct enquiries.
The afternoon assault was the second serious assault to happen in the town on Tuesday, with another man in his 30s injured shortly after 1.30am in the recreation ground near to Clements Lane.
The man in the earlier assault was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for treatment, where officers say he is also in a stable condition.
It is not currently known if the two assaults are linked.
Those with information regarding the afternoon assault are asked to contact West CID on 101, quoting reference 41666/19.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 6 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 7 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 8 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 Award-winning Suffolk restaurant opens new gourmet food shop
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.