April showers: Thunder rolling in as rain sweeps region
- Credit: citizenside.com
Tuesday’s weather could turn from rain into thunder as storms start brewing over Suffolk and Essex.
A mild week of weather last week and a relatively warm weekend for spring is due to disappear as colder temperatures and rain start to hit the region once again.
Weatherquest meteorologist Fred Best said: “There are potential showers due today as a result of this weather front.
“The rain is sweeping in from the west of the region, with a 30-40% chance of rain from about 12pm, reaching the coast and clearing up about 5pm at the latest.
“They are more likely across westerly areas of East Anglia and the odd rumble of thunder, starting from Tuesday afternoon into the evening, could be following in areas with heavy showers.”
Temperatures in the area could reach as high as 9C in the day, dipping down to 6C at night - but any wind and rain could leave those outside feeling much colder.
The wet weather is expected to clear up by Thursday morning for a find and dry end to the week, with potential highs of 11C before Friday.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man