April showers: Thunder rolling in as rain sweeps region
- Credit: citizenside.com
Tuesday’s weather could turn from rain into thunder as storms start brewing over Suffolk and Essex.
A mild week of weather last week and a relatively warm weekend for spring is due to disappear as colder temperatures and rain start to hit the region once again.
Weatherquest meteorologist Fred Best said: “There are potential showers due today as a result of this weather front.
“The rain is sweeping in from the west of the region, with a 30-40% chance of rain from about 12pm, reaching the coast and clearing up about 5pm at the latest.
“They are more likely across westerly areas of East Anglia and the odd rumble of thunder, starting from Tuesday afternoon into the evening, could be following in areas with heavy showers.”
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures in the area could reach as high as 9C in the day, dipping down to 6C at night - but any wind and rain could leave those outside feeling much colder.
The wet weather is expected to clear up by Thursday morning for a find and dry end to the week, with potential highs of 11C before Friday.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints