Covid rates rise in four out of five areas in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The latest data from Public Health England has shown that Babergh is the only district in Suffolk where the coronavirus infection rate has dropped in the past week.
The statistics cover the seven days to December 8 and were compared against the data covering the seven days to December 1.
In this time the infection rate in Babergh dropped from 83.7 cases per 100,000 to 81.5 cases per 100,000.
Every other district in Suffolk saw an increase in their coronavirus rate.
The largest increase continued to be in Ipswich where the rate rose from 127.1 cases per 100,000 to 178.2 cases per 100,000 in the space of a week.
Over the border in north Essex, there were also rises in infection rates across all districts.
You may also want to watch:
The largest of these was in Braintree where the case numbers rose from 102.9 cases per 100,000 to 218.9 cases per 100,000.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal