Mum's delight that son arrived as new year dawned
- Credit: Georgia Fraser
Georgia Fraser is today basking in the joy of being a new mum - and her son could not have arrived at a more perfect moment.
Baby Fraser, who Georgia is yet to decide on a name for, was born at 3.24am on New Year's Day after mum was induced the previous day.
"I am over the moon, he is adorable," said the 24-year-old from the Colchester area.
Georgia gave birth at Colchester Hospital and is currently recuperating on the post-natal ward while doctors monitor her baby's blood sugar levels.
"I am glad he stayed in until the first day of the new year," said the first-time mum. "His birth is a sign of better things to come this year."
You may also want to watch:
Georgia is hoping to be home soon, and then to catch up on some sleep so she can finally decide on a name for her newborn, who tipped the scales at a healthy 8lb 2oz.
"I can't wait to get to know him," she said. "I have felt him moving around, he was a real wriggler and now I have a face to put to all those movements."
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases