Suffolk MP Matt Hancock tests positive for Covid for second time
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
West Suffolk MP and former Health Secretary Matt Hancock has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time.
Mr Hancock revealed on Twitter he tested positive for Covid on Monday afternoon and is now isolating.
He said he is feeling "much better than last time" after he caught the virus at the start of the pandemic in March 2020.
Mr Hancock said in a tweet: "Yesterday afternoon I tested positive for coronavirus.
"I've been isolating at home since then. Thankfully I feel fine. Much better than last time and that's thanks to the vaccine.
"Get your booster now if you haven't already."
Mr Hancock, MP for West Suffolk since 2010, stepped down as Health Secretary after pictures of him breaking social distancing rules emerged in June.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 North Stander: Now we can win ugly, and that's so important