Heavenly Hairstyling in Saxmundham makes finals in two national awards
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk hairdressers are celebrating after making the finals in two national awards – beating off stiff competition from big chain salons.
Heavenly Hairstyling in Saxmundham made the final six in the British Hairdressing Business Awards and will also attend the final of the National Hairdressers Federation Business Awards.
Salon owner Janene Hawkins said that although the team did not win at the ceremony in London, they still had a “great night”.
“It was a monumental achievement to reach the final six, and even though we didn’t win, it was incredibly rewarding to see our salon, from a small town in rural England holding their own against such big names in the industry,” she added.
The NHF finals are held in Birmingham on November 19 when the teams hopes to build on its success.
“Being recognised by two big organisations, for the same achievement is phenomenal,” Ms Hawkins added.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo