Car crashes into traffic lights in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are at the scene of a crash in Bury St Edmunds where a car collided with a set of traffic lights.
Police were called at around 7.25am today, Monday, August 6, to the scene at the junction of Orttewell Road and Barton Road.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “A car has collided with some traffic lights.
“The car is on the junction and has caused a lot of debris.”
He added that staff from the East of England Ambulance were on scene, although there are not believed to be any serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He said there is likely to be traffic delays in the area as a result of the crash.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon